Thursday, July 12, 2007

New Orleans legal gossip

Follow the link in the title for a story from the Times Picayune, New Orleans’ daily paper, about Mayor Nagi asking the state Attorney General Foti to investigate the criminal cases tried by the New Orleans district attorney office. Besides the fact that I just love the name of the paper, it seems like it might be a nice orientation for law librarians visiting. Temps today are 82 degrees, which seems kind of moderate to me... I’m bringing cool clothes, though! The five-day forecast calls for high temps in the 90's and thunderstorms. I remember one thunderstorm I saw in New Orleans years ago -- it was a positively biblical deluge!

2 comments:

Connie Crosby said...

Have a fantastic time!!

Betsy McKenzie said...

Dear Connie, et al.,
New Orleans is very hot! and humid! this time of year. And, you can still see signs that the damage from Katrina has not been completely dealt with -- windows boarded up on the 2nd and 3rd floors, some building damage. But the city is working - at least the parts I have seen look as though they are working well.
I look out the window of my hotel room and see the great curve of the Mississippi River, boats moving up and down, and the sun shining across its cafe au lait surface. It's still a great city and one of the most distinctive places in America. Cheers, y'all, from New Orleans!