Thursday, January 05, 2006

Excuse me, I think my psyche's showing!


While Jim is busy posting all this helpful stuff directing our attention to cool tools everywhere, I looked back over the last few posts I put up. I am frankly blushing. Eeek! I think I exposed more than I meant to, and more than I knew about myself. The series about taking care of students and faculty, babying them along, but then ending up with doing magic and not letting the dean or anybody use you as their doormat seemed awfully (ahem) patriarchal (matriarchal?).

I am afraid I am turning into one of those fearsome lady librarians who demand that others dance attendance on them when they offer tea in the library. I hope not! I just finished reading a book by one of my favorite authors, Terry Pratchett, A Hatful of Sky. In it, he comments that it's really important for witches to know that other witches are watching them all the time, and to let them know if they start cackling. Please, let me know if I start cackling! I am trying to attach a witch picture from http://pantransit.reptiles.org

No comments: