Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Contrarian Librarians

The Radical Militant Librarians that the poor FBI agent was complaining about in his memo (I imagine that he richly regrets that phrase by now) are probably more properly called Contrarian Librarians. As much as I love the image of Radical Militant Librarians (ooh! I just love the look of bandoliers and grenades with portable scanners, don't you? -- so much more effective at enforcing that cell phone rule!), I really don't think I know any. I know Contrarians.

I think every librarian I have ever met is a Contrarian. Who else would pick a profession to add onto that JD that would cut your earning potential in half? Wow! But, it's a terrific profession, and I don't regret it for a moment, even if my furniture is still early dorm and my car is 12 years old.
We just tend to be different-thinkers. And we do it in lots of different ways. It makes for a very interesting group of people! But we're not so dangerous, unless...

Dum, dum, dum....

********* IDEAS ARE DANGEROUS!

No comments: